Thursday, May 29, 2014

My Visit to Ikogosi Warm Springs, Ekiti State

Hello there, it's been a very good couple of weeks and I'm felling as refreshed as I ever have in a very long while. The break from work has done wonders for my mind and body.

During my leave from work, I took a trip to Ekiti State (don't ask me why Ekiti!) and while there, I visited the famed warm water spring in Ikogosi. The trip to the stream's location in Ikogosi town took about three-quarters of an hour from the state capital, Ado-Ekiti; at a point, I felt we weren't going to arrive...

Enough of the stories, below are some of the pictures I took on the trip.












The meeting point


Two trees growing off the same root at the streams' meeting point
The meeting point of the Cold and Warm Spring


The Warm Spring

45 degrees centigrade of crystal clear water

The Warm Spring flowing Downstream

The Source of the Warm Spring

AT the SOURCE of the Warm Spring

Wall built at the warm stream's source

The climb to the Warm Spring's source

2 comments: